Aadhar card can be applied for every infant above one year. For minor’s, under 15 years of age, the Aadhar card is linked to that of their parent or guardian. There are however a few key points to note while applying for an Aadhar Card for children and minors.
Points to note while Applying for Aadhar Card for Children :
- Only children above one year can apply for the Aadhar card.
- Since hand impressions keep changing till the age of 5 years, minors do not need to submit biometric data till 5 years. Their Aadhar account is linked to that of their parent or guardian.
- Biometrics is taken for those above 5 years of age. However, the Aadhar number or UID remains the same throughout their lifetime.
- At the age of 15 years, final biometric data is taken and linked to the Aadhar card.
- During the whole process photograph of all stages is taken.
Requirement of documents for applying for Aadhar card for children or minor :
- Mandatory document for children is Date of Birth proof.
- The child or kids can be introduced to Aadhar card by either of their parent who has an existing Aadhar card or has applied for an Aadhar card. The parent or guardian must also submit proof of address and proof of identity.
- In the absence of the above documents, the Aadhar card process for the minor cannot be generated.
- In situations where parents are applying for an Aadhar card along with the child, the details of the parents is registered first and an enrollment id is generated. After that the child’s data is taken.
Documents for Proof of Address (POA)
- Driving license
- Voter id card
- Passport of spouse
- In case of minor, passport of parent
- Bank statement
- Ration card
- Insurance policy
- Water bill, electricity bill or landline bill of last 3 months
- Credit card statement within 3 months
Documents for Proof of Identity (POI)
I hope you found this guide useful, please support us by sharing it with your friend’s & family.