Thanks to UIDAI the Aadhar card address change process has really been simplified with the start of an online facility where people can change or update their Aadhar details themselves. By launching this self-service portal for the citizens of India, UIDAI has made things a lot easier and more convenient. Candidates can now change or update their details, like name, address, date of birth, etc by either visiting the UIDAI’s official website online (Method 1) or if you don’t have access to internet you can do it by post as well (Method 2).
Method 1: Aadhar Card Address Change/Correction Online
- Scroll a little down & Select “Update Aadhaar Details Online” mentioned under the section of “Aadhaar Update”. Please refer to the below listed Screenshot.
- A page opens up with a heading “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal”. Scroll to the end of the page, where you can see two options asking you to choose any one of the methods by which you want to update your address.
- Click on the first option, which is the online mode.
- In the next page update your address and click on “Submit Update Request” button.
- Upload your self-attested copies of address proof documents. Following is a list of Aadhar card documents for proof of address.
- After that you will see “update Request Complete” page & you will get a confirmation notice on your mobile and email Id.
Method 2: Aadhar Card Address Change/Correction Offline (By Post)
- Choose “Update Request by Post” under “Aadhaar Update Services”.
- Download the Aadhaar Update/ Correction Form which will open in a separate window in PDF form.
- Take the print out of the form and start filling the Update Request Form in bold letters. Remember to fill the form in both English and local language.
- Mention your registered Aadharcard mobile number in the form.
- Remember to fill in the form mentioning only your current details. If you want to change or update your address, then write only your new address, and not the old one.
- Do not use short form while writing your address or it may lead to further confusion. You will receive the Aadhar letter in the same address which you will mention. So, make sure to write it correctly.
- Though it is not compulsory, but still if you want to include your Parent/ Spouse/ guardian name in your address, then select the suitable box in c/o details and enter the person’s name under it.
- Even if you only want to update your c/o details, you will still have to fill your complete address, and submit supporting POA (Proof of Address) along with it.
- It is not necessary to submit all proof of documents mentioned in POA (Proof of Address). It requires any one of the listed POA documents.
- In case of a child who is below 5 years of age, his parent/ guardian are free to sign the document copies on behalf of them.
- Do mention your Aadhar number on all the copies of supporting documents and also state the Type of Document (PoI/ PoA/ PoB) on the document copies.