Is your Aadhar card lost? You need not get worried now because getting a Duplicate Aadhar Card is quite easy. You can get one online now from the official Aadhar website.
Aadhar card comprises of a unique 12 digit number (UID) that is assigned to every citizen. You can use it as an important government ID valid all across India. It is possible to lose or misplace it one fine day. However, you need not panic because through Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI you will be able to get a duplicate e-Aadhar card online.
How to Download Duplicate e-Aadhar card Online –
A duplicate copy of your Aadhar card can easily be downloaded using either your Aadhar number or Aadhar enrolment ID. In case you don’t have these details with you, they can be recovered by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the following UIDAI resident portal link and go to the link ‘Get UID/EID’ https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Select the option- Enrolment number or Aadhar number.
- Enter your full name, registered email id and mobile number that’s registered with your Aadhar.
- Fill the captcha then click on to ‘Get OTP’.
- You need to verify it through the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Once done, You will receive the number on your mail and via an SMS.
Now that you have the required details with you, download your e-aadhar using the step by step instructions mentioned in this article https://aadharcardstatus.in/download-e-aadhar-card-aadhar-number/.
Aadhar card lost – You can now get your copy offline too –
In case you do not feel much comfortable with the online process or your net connection is not working, there are still ways by which you would be able to get your Aadhar card.
- You can call on UIDAI number which is a toll free number that is 1947.
- You need to inform the UIDAI delegates that you have lost your Aadhar card, and provide them with all the details they ask for. They will then send across a duplicate Aadhar card to your registered postal area.
- In case you cannot reach out to them through the toll free number, you could go to the provincial Aadhar office and ask for support and assistance.
- If the above mentioned steps still do not help you, you can simply go to the AADHAR card center and report about your lost or missing card. All the documents that you had originally submitted need to be brought to the centre.
But, always remember that if you have lost the AADHAR card enrolment slip then getting hold of a duplicate copy could get a little tough Offline.
Getting a Duplicate Aadhar Card is not a tough call today. Yet, it is always advised to keep it safely since it is quite possible for anyone to misuse your ID.
I hope you found this guide on Aadhar Card Lost useful, please support us by sharing it with your friend’s & family. If you need any help or have any questions please contact us by commenting below and we will come back to you as soon as possible.