Aadhar Card is a unique identification number issued by UIDAI to all citizens of India. As covered in my previous articles in past few months Indian Government has made provisions to link you Aadhar Card to LPG accounts, Bank Accounts, and Voter ID card. Last year Government of India interlinked Aadhar Card with the issuance of the Indian passport. This would enable Indian citizens to Apply for Passport using Aadhar Card and get their passport fast within 10 days without police verification.
Aadhar card based Passport authentication:
I think every Indian citizen who applied for the Indian Passport hated the process of going through Police Verification before receiving the passport. Now you are able to apply Passport using Aadhar card and avoid the Police Verification Process. Aadhar Card is used as a mean of checking your Identity and criminal record check for the passport application by Indian Ministry of external Affairs. In this process, you will have to get your police verification done after receiving the passport.
How to Apply for the passport using Aadhar Card?
Below is the complete guide on how to apply for your Passport using Aadhar Card and get your passport in 10 Days:
- Please get your Aadhar Card from UIDAI first if you don’t have one already. Please follow our complete guide on how to apply for Aadhar Card.
- Once you have the Aadhar Card please visit the Official site for Passport India. Register by filling in all the required details correctly.
- Please choose to apply for a Passport in the options presented to you.
- Now Please fill in the application form.
- Once you have filled the form please submit the application online.
- Now You will have to Pay the required Fee.
- Once you have submitted the form and made the right payment, print out the form and attach a copy of your Aadhar Card.
- Please visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra and submit your application with Aadhar Card.