Hello Friends, today we are sharing a very useful guide on how you can secure your Aadhar Card biometric information online on UIDAI’s website & also laying down the benefits of doing so.
Why is it Important to Secure your Biometric Information ?
Recently an alarming number of cases have been reported where people have claimed misuse of their Aadhar card biometric authentication. Which is a disturbing fact in itself but this can easily be avoided by Securing your Aadhar Card Biometric Information stored on UIDAI’s servers. Not just that Securing your Biometric Information also helps in speeding up your Aadhar verification’s, All the more reason why you should opt for it.
Steps to Secure your Aadhar card Biometric Information –
- Click on the following UIDAI link – https://resident.uidai.net.in/biometric-lock
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar card number in the respected field.
- Next, enter the security code as mentioned on the page.
- Upon entering these details, click on the button ‘Generate OTP’.
- The UIDAI website verifies your details and if the Aadhar card number is verified, subsequently sends you an OTP.
- Upon receiving the OTP you need to verify it by entering it in the ‘Enter OTP’ field.
- Click Verify.
- Once done, you will see the below listed page with a message stating ‘Your Biometric Lock is Disabled, to enable press Enable Button’.
- Enter the security code as mentioned on the page & click on ‘enable’.
- This will lock your Aadhar card biometric information.
Follow the same steps as mentioned above if you want disable biometric locking. Just at the end instead of enabling click on disable.
Please Note that locking/enabling biometric data means you can only authenticate Aadhar card based transactions or request for information via the OTP sent to your mobile number, not with your thumb or iris scan.
I hope you found this guide useful, please support us by sharing it with your friend’s & family.