Universal Account Number (UAN) has been alloted to every beneficiary of the Employment Provident Fund Scheme. You become a member of the EPF if you are a salaried employee and have to make a mandatory contribution.
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number that allows an employee to connect all his PF accounts across different organisations and he can access them on a single platform, that is , Universal Account Number (UAN ) login portal. On this portal member can find his KYC details service record, UAN card etc.
EPF member e-sewa has made transfer and withdrawal of provident fund amount more easier.
How to register at UAN member portal:
You need to activate your Universal Account Number (UAN) before logging into UAN login portal. You need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on “Activate UAN” that is present in the “Important Links “ section.
- Enter your details and click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- A pin will be sent to your mobile number registered with EPFO
- Enter this PIN to activate your UAN Account
- A system generated password will be sent through SMS
- It is always recommended to change your password after logging in.
Know your UAN Status:
In order to know your UAN status an employee with EPF account has to follow the following steps:
- Login to the portal for https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Select ‘Know your UAN Status’ button
- Now choose to enter your PF number, Member ID, PAN or Aadhar
- If you choose the member ID option then other details such as the state you reside in and your office will have to be filled in. Your member ID and PIN are available on your salary slip.
- All the other details such as date of birth, name, contact information and captcha has to be entered.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’
- One Time Password will be sent to your Mobile Number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
- Your UAN and the status will be sent to your number.
How to reset password at UAN member Portal:
These are the steps to reset your password:
- Click on “forgot password” in the login section
- Next enter your UAN and captcha
- Send the OTP to the registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP and click on submit.
- Now reset your password and login to the UAN portal.
UAN Member e-Sewa Portal login Process:
Once you have logged in, You will be able to view your UAN Card, Profile and service history. However, the passbook facility is not available on the member portal.
- Visit www.epfindia.gov.in>>our services>>For employees>>Member Passbook
- Login to the EPF Passbook portal with your UAN and the same password to download the passbook.
UAN Member e-Sewa Portal Services:
The UAN login portal offers you services related to your EPF account. Heres’ all you can do:
On the portal, you can view information related to your EPF account. One can view four types of information on the portal-
- Profile:Your complete EPF profile is available on the portal. You can check the same under the ‘view’ tab:
Clicking on ‘Profile’ will lead you to your profile page which contains information such as:
- Date Of Birth
- Fathers’/ Husband’s Name
- Mobile Number
- E mail ID
- Marital Status
- Differently abled or not
Out of all the above information. Only mobile number and email ID can be edited by you.
- Service History:
Only one UAN in a lifetime is allotted to a person regardless of the number of companies He/She changes. Hence, the same UAN is to be fed by different companies into the system. This is done so that the person’s entire EPF contribution can be managed systematically and in a more transparent manner.
Although the UAN provided to you remains the same throughout, every organization you work with has to create a new PF account under the same UAN. The “Service details “ section of the website will show the following information for all the organizations you have previously worked with including the one you are currently working with-
- Member ID
- Name of the member
- Name of the establishment
- Date of joining EPF
- Date of ending EPF
- Date of joining EPS (Employee Pension Scheme)
- Date of ending EPS (Employee Pension Scheme)
- Date of joining FPS (Family Pension Scheme)
- Date of ending FPS( Family Pension Scheme)
- UAN card:
UAN card can also be viewed and downloaded from the UAN login portal. This facility is also available under the “view” menu. The UAN card can also be downloaded and presented at the PF office at the time of online withdrawal or transfer.
- EPF Passbook:
There is a passbook option available under the view menu. However this option is not available on the portal. For viewing your passbook, you will have to visit the website www.epfindia.gov.in
- Under the services menu, select the “ for employees” option.
- Click on “Member Passbook”
- Now you have to enter the UAN and password (the same as e sewa portal)
- Click on the member ID of your current PF account to access the passbook.
Apart from just viewing the information, one can also manage and modify a few of the details on your own.
A member of EPF can also update other KYC Details such as:-
- Bank Account
- Driving licence
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- National Population register
Along with the KYC details, supported documents need to be uploaded and the same should be verified by the Employer. Only then it will be updated against the member’s UAN.
- Email Id and Mobile number registration:-
One can manage the contact details on the member website. In case you want to change your contact number, an authorization PIN will be sent to the new number. Once you fill in the PIN in the space provided, your mobile number will be updated. To update a new Email ID on the UAN member portal similar steps have to be followed.
Various online services can be availed:
- Claim (Form 31, 19 and 10C):
With effect from February 2017, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has introduced the new composite claim forms to facilitate the full or partial withdrawal of PF. This claim section consists of three forms: Form 31, 10 and 10C. However, an employee must note that the purpose of claiming full/partial withdrawal through composite claim form, Aadhar must be linked to UAN.
- Track EPF Claim status:
If you have requested for a claim, the status can be checked in the ‘Track Claim Status’ Section. You don’t have to enter any acknowledgement number or PF account.
You can also request the transfer of the PF amount from the previous account to the current one. Before applying the transfer of the PF account on the portal, you should make sure that:
- Your KYC details are updated on the website are correct..
- KYC details are seeded against the UAN
- Your current/ previous bank account details and IFS code is seeded into the UAN database
UAN Customer Care:
If any difficulty is faced by an EPF member in logging into the member portal, he/ she can reach out to the customer care team of UAN. The customer care team can be reached through:
- Email ID- email@example.com
- Toll free help desk- 1800118005
- Raising an issue on the website – www.epfindia.gov.in
- EPFO Regional/sub regional Office (one can view the directory here) – http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/contact_us.php)
Note: the help desk is available only from 9:15 A.M to 5:45 P.M.