Pension is the sole mode of income for most of the retired employees. All the employees including the Central and state Government employees get a monthly pension after retirement. However a beneficiary has to provide a lifetime certificate every year in the month of November to continue receiving a pension in his pension account. It can be difficult at times for old or ailing pensioners to visit the bank to submit the lifetime certificate every year. The government has come up with a solution to it and has introduced DIGITAL LIFE CERTIFICATE OR JEEVAN PRAMAAN.
What is Jeevan Pramaan??
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital life certificate for pensioners where they can generate and share it with pension disbursing agencies (PDAs). The facility is available for retired employees of Central Government, State Government and other government institutions.
For the senior citizens and other retired employees it is very difficult to visit the bank every year and submit a life certificate in person. There is a provision made by Government of India for such pensioners to generate the digital life certificate using Aadhar-based biometric authentication by visiting the Jeevan Pramaan Portal or downloading the Jeevan Pramaan app on their smartphones.
A person can avail all the facilities of Jeevan Pramaan if he meets the following eligibility criteria:
- He/ She should be a Pensioner
- He/She should have a valid Aadhar Number
- He/She should be a retired Govt. Employee (Central, State or any other Govt. institution)
- The Aadhar number should be registered with the Pension distributing agency.
How to avail Jeevan Pramaan facilities online:
All the facilities of Jeevan Pramaan can be availed online through the Jeevan Pramaan website or the mobile application. The user has to download the application for Windows/MAC/Android and install it to his or her device. There has to be a biometric device attached (PC/Tablet/Smartphone) to avail Jeevan Pramaan Services.
These are the steps to be followed to register for Jeevan Pramaan:
- Open the Jeevan Pramaan app in your device
- Select the option for new registration
- Enter the required details such as Aadhar number, Pension payment order, Bank account, Bank name and your mobile number
- Click on send OTP and send it to the mentioned mobile number.
- Enter the OTP
- Authenticate your details through biometric verification(fingerprint or iris scan)through Aadhar
- Once you click on submit, your details will be validated by UIDAI and a Pramaan ID will be generated against your details after successful registration.
- You can use this Pramaan ID to login to your Jeevan Pramaan account
How to generate Jeevan Pramaan Certificate/ID:
Jeevan Pramaan can be generated online through the app. Follow these steps to generate Jeevan Pramaan Online:
- Login to your Jeevan Pramaan app by entering your Pramaan ID and OTP.
- Select the Generate Jeevan Pramaan option
- Now enter the Aadhar Number and Mobile number and click on generate OTP
- OTP will be sent to the mobile number. Enter this OTP in the space provided.
- Enter details such as:
- Pensioner name
- PPO Number
- Type of Pension
- Name of agency
- Name of sanctioning authority
- Name of disbursing agency
- Email ID
- Select remarried options
- Select Re-employed options
- Select the no objection option and scan your fingerprints/ iris
- The biometric input is authenticated using the Aadhar Data
- The Jeevan Pramaan is related on the screen after successful authentication
- A confirmation message is sent to the pensioner’s mobile number containing the Jeevan Pramaan certificate ID
Jeevan Pramaan Certificate download:
Once a digital life certificate is generated (DLC), it is stored in the life certificate repository. Through the app or by visiting the website, a pensioner can download the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate.The pension disbursing agency (PDA) can download the Jeevan Pramaan from the Life certificate repository of a pensioner. This is how you can download the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate by the PDA:
- A PDA has to login to the registered account at the Jeevan Pramaan Website.
- Jeevan Pramaan of the pensioner can be downloaded by entering the Pramaan ID
- The PDA can view/download the Jeevan Pramaan only when it is shared by the pensioner
- If not registered, a PDA cannot access the digital Life Certificate of the Pensioner.
How to locate Jeevan Pramaan Centres:
A pensioner can visit a Jeevan Pramaan Centre (JPC) to get the digital Life Certificates too. The option to search for JPC is also available on the website. Here is how one can locate the Jeevan Pramaan Centre:
- Visit the Jeevan Pramaan Portal
- Click on “locate a centre”
- You can either search for JPC using location or Pincode
- The search results are displayed on the screen along with the support for Google Maps
Benefits of Jeevan Pramaan:
- Jeevan Pramaan makes it easy for the pensioners to submit digital Life Certificate
- The verification is done using Aadhar- biometric verification which eliminates the chance of fraudulent activities.
- SMS notification is sent to the pensioner on successful Jeevan Pramaan Certificate generation
- No DLC can be generated without the approval of the Pensioner
- Once submitted, the pensioner gets his monthly pension disbursed in his pension account.