Hello Friends, In this guide we are going to discuss if in case you have misplaced or lost your Aadhar card or you wish to maintain a digital copy of the card, how you can download your e aadhar card from the official website of UIDAI using your Aadhar number.
A copy of aadhar card can be download in two ways.
- One is by using the enrolment number that is present on the enrolment slip provided to you after filling out and submitting the Aadhar card registration form. Please Click here to view this guide.
- Other is by using the Aadhar number or Unique Identification (UID) number.
Steps for downloading e aadhar card by Aadhar Number :
- Visit the UIDAI page or click on the following link – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- In ‘Step 1’ section select Aadhaar as option (Please see the screenshot below).
- Enter your Aadhar number in the respective box.
- Your full name & pincode as it appears on the enrolment slip & enter it in the box provided.
- Next enter the captcha or security image number in ‘Enter above Image Text’ field.
- Once done, click on the ‘Get One Time Password’ button.
- Next you will receive an OTP on your Aadhar registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received in the respective field & Click on ‘Validate & Download button’ to obtain the e aadhar card.
- Please use your postal code as password to open the e aadhar pdf file.
This e copy can be printed and used as an original Aadhar card with out any restriction.
The Aadhar card is visualized to be used as a single piece of document as proof of identity and residence for verification purposes. Presently, there are a number of documents that an Indian citizen possesses, including the PAN card, passport, ration card, and driving license. The Aadhar card does not aim to replace these but to be used in place of so many documents.