Employees Provident Fund (EPF) scheme India was enacted in the year 1952 replacing the Employee Provident Fund Ordinance, 1951. The EPF Scheme is now known as Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Act, 1952. This is a kind of scheme providing retirement benefits which is available to all paid employees, and hence this scheme is really an important tool for planning your retirement.
EMPLOYMENT PROVIDENT FUND ORGANIZATION(EPFO):
EPFO stands for the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization and offers the following services –
- Employees’ Pension Scheme (1995)
- Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (1976)
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (1952)
The EPFO is a statutory body that falls under the Government of India’s Ministry of Labour and Employment. Employees can find information regarding their Employees’ Provident Fund or EPF via the EPFO member’s portal. Members are provided with an online EPF Account Passbook and they can login via this passbook into the portal to check their EPF balance. However, to find out the current EPF balance, the portal requires you to have the EPF receipts which are received at the end of the year.
Know Your EPF Balance Online
- First of all you need to get your PF number. It is an alphanumeric number (First two letters represent regional office) For example, if the PF number is DL/54673/9876 you should choose DL as your regional office.
- Then log on to the EPFO website, select your state and EPFO office code.
- After selecting the PF details you need to fill in the details like Establishment code( 7 digit), Extension code, PF account number,Name as in your salary slip, Mobile number.Y
- Click the agree button and submit the above information.
- Once you have successfully submitted your information you will receive an SMS from EPFO in five minutes.
- Details of the account number and the balance amount on the date mentioned in the sms will be sent.
How to check EPF Balance with UAN Number
- After the registration logon to http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/ . The e passbook link can be found at the top right corner of EPFO’s website.
- After clicking on the link the members are taken to a webpage where they are asked to enter the UAN number and the password.
- Subscribers can also quickly check passbook balances through EPFO application(m-epf). The subscribers need to click on MEMBER and thereafter Balance/ Passbook.
EPF Balance through SMS:
This is one of the three services introduced by Government to check account balance in 2015.EPF balance check through SMS facility is available to those who have activated their UAN Number.Only registered UAN number should be used to get the balance status by SMS.
Send message EPFOHO UAN<ENG> from your registered mobile number to 773 8299 8299
Once the message is sent EPFO will send an SMS showing your EPF balance. The message will contain member details, last contribution and total EPF balance.
Balance can be received in different languages like Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil and others.To receive the balance in any other language just change the language code. For example: for Hindi use <HIN> instead of <ENG>
EPF account balance through Missed call Service:
This is the second service launched by the Government in 2015. This is a very convenient service for mobile users and do not require any internet. You do not even need to send any text message. You just need to give a missed call on the below number to get the PF balance.
Missed call should be given to: 01122901406
EPFO Mobile App:
This is the third service launched by the Government. Various applications are available on google play store for free. Here is the link to download M-EPF for Android (4.0. And up devices)
You can avail many facilities on your handset if you have EPFO app. On your smart phones. You can activate UAN accounts, can view PF monthly credits. A pensioner can even check pension disbursement and employers can view their remittance details on their phone.
Download Passbook at EPFO member Portal (Without UAN)
- Register as a member by filling up the relevant details at the main page of http://members.epfoservices.in
- Care must be taken to ensure that the correct document type is mentioned while filling out the details because every time you wish to Login you will have to enter the same details entered during registration. For instance, if you want to use your PAN card for registering into the portal, you need to select the option ‘PAN number’ in the drop down menu titled ‘Select Any One Document’. After registering, you can subsequently log in to the EPFO Members Portal.
- Check the details before submitting them to get your PIN number.
- An authorized PIN will be obtained after submission of all the details.
- You will be registered into the portal after entering the authorization PIN
- Upon entering the document type with document number and mobile number you can enter the online member portal and download the EPF passbook successfully from the website.