The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) instructed to issue a 12 digit unique number, termed as Aadhar, to every Indian citizen so as to improve the Government’s welfare services. The Aadhar program was launched with the primary objective of giving a universal identity to its every Indian citizen. And with the passage of time, the importance of Aadhar card just got increased. What’s more, it is the world’s largest ID platform and also the world’s largest biometric programme.
Finding Aadhar enrolment number by your name
In case you lose your Aadhar Card or can’t find it for some reason, you can easily download your eAadhar from their official website but for that you need your Aadhar Enrolment number. We are here to guide you to collect your EID number on mobile. Please go through the following steps carefully, and follow them as directed.
Note: Your registered Mobile Number / Email which you provided at the time of enrolment is mandatory to receive lost UID / EID
- Open the official portal of UIDAI – https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- You will be provided with two options- Aadhar No (UID) and Enrolment No (EID). Please choose the second option i.e., Enrolment No (EID).
- Once you have chosen the option, you have to fill in your personal details, like your full name and registered mobile number or Email id.
- Enter the four digit security code. If you face any difficulty reading the numbers, you can click on “Try another” option located on the right side of the number box.
- Once you have inserted the security code, click the “get OTP” button.
- Within a few seconds you will get the OTP (One time Password) on your registered mobile. Insert that very OTP in the box.
- Click “Verify OTP”.
- After a few seconds you will receive a SMS in your mobile mentioning your Enrolment number.
- Now, with your Aadhar Enrolment number you can easily download your eAadhar.