Steps to Link Aadhar to demat account online
” Link Aadhar card to Demat account”- This is a simple and effortless process and can easily be done through NSDL portal. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit NSDL’S portal and click on the “ Link Aadhar with Demat account” on the homepage.
- A new page listing the linking process and steps will appear. Click on the “Get started” tab at the end of the linking process.
- Enter the Demat account number (DP ID), the name of the Demat account holder as well as the client ID and PAN number.Now enter the verification code and click on proceed.
4. An OTP is generated and sent to the registered mobile number and e mail id as per NSDL records.
5. Once you enter the sent OTP your complete Demat account information will be displayed on the screen. If the information is correct, click on the proceed button.
6. Enter your date of birth, gender and Aadhar number and click on proceed.
7. An OTP will be send to the mobile number registered with Aadhar.
8. Enter the OTP to authenticate your details and click on the submit button.
9. Your demat account will be linked with your aadhar card and a confirmation message will be sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
Points to remember:
To link your Aadhar Card with Demat account following points should be kept in mind:
- Your mobile number and email id should be linked with NSDL in order to authenticate yourself.
- Your mobile number should be registered with Aadhar to authenticate using the OTP based verification.
- You should keep your DP name, DP Id, PAN and other details handy before linking your account.
- Refrain Yourself from using public computers or shared internet connections to access your details in order to prevent from hacking.
Benefits of linking your Aadhar to the Demat Account:
There are so many benefits of linking Aadhar with your Demat account:
- Accounts not linked with Aadhar will be considered as fake accounts and will be deactivated instantly after the given deadline.
- Linking Aadhar allows you to get e KYC done easily as your details are authenticated using your Aadhar number.
- Investors will easily be able to switch the brokerage firm as per their preferences after Aadhar seeding.
- Once the switching of the brokerage firms becomes easy, competition will increase and brokerage firms will have to reduce the brokerage charges.
- It will be easier for the investment regulator to monitor transactions and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Transparency in investment would increase making it safer and easier to carry out transactions.
- Documentation for futures and options trading will reduce considerably making it easier for both new and old investors to manage their accounts.