Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has made it quite easier and simpler for the people to link their PAN card with EPF account. One must update the KYC details and updating KYC details is crucial to make online claims. In order to process your claims in a hassle free manner, you have to update your PAN with UAN (Universal account number). Services such as withdrawing the pension fund or requesting transfer of PF account is possible only when you have all three details including PAN, Aadhar and bank account number seeded in your EPF.
Here are the simple steps to link PAN with your EPF online:
- Visit EPFO UAN member e-seva portal and login using the UAN and password.
- Click on KYC option in the Manage drop down list
- You will be redirected to ‘Add KYC’ page, where you will see a list of documents under ‘document type’ to update.
- Select’ PAN’ > Enter ‘PAN Number’ > Enter ‘Name as printed on your PAN Card’ > click ‘Save’
If the name and number matches the records of Income Tax department records, your PAN gets verified automatically. Once your PAN is successfully seeded to your EPF account, you will find the same on the homepage of the website in the ‘ Member Profitable’ table.
How to get PF Account number from the PAN Card??
- Step 1: Go to the website epf portal
- Step 2: Enter your PAN, Name,Date of birth, mobile number and captcha
- Step 3: Click on get authorization pin
- Step 4: Click on ‘I agree’ after the disclaimer and enter the OTP you recieve on the registered email ID
- Step 5: Click on ‘validate OTP and get UAN’. You will receive the UAN on the registered mobile number
All about EPF account:
Employees’ Provident Fund organization’s (EPFO) digital initiatives made seeding KYC (know your customer) documents such as bank account number, PAN card , Aadhar, passport, driving licence, election card and ration card, in the EPF account easier. While linking Aadhar Card with EPF account is mandatory seeding PAN and bank account number, though not mandatory, are required to process any sort of online EPF claims.
Many online services such as withdrawing the pension fund or requesting transfer of PF account is possible only when you have all three details including PAN, Aadhar and bank account number seeded in your EPF. Further, without a valid PAN, TDS of approximately 34.60 % will be deducted during the final withdrawal. Hence linking PAN with EPF account is helpful for all your future related claims.