Many provisions are made by EPFO for its members to avail various services through SMS on the registered mobile number. Members can register their mobile number in EPFO’s database online through the EPF member portal. It is also very easy to change mobile number in the EPF account through UAN portal.
How to register mobile number in EPF account:
Once the UAN is generated, you have to activate your UAN by visiting the EPF member portal. Following are the steps mentioned to activate your UAN:
- Visit EPF member portal.
- Click on activate UAN
- Now enter the UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id
- Click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the OTP to activate your UAN and this mobile number will also be registered with the EPF.
How to change EPF Mobile Number in EPF account online:
Once your mobile number is registered with your UAN, every kind of SMS by EPF will be carried through this number. This number can be changed by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the EPF member portal and login to your account.
- Now you need to click on “Contact details” in the manage section
- Click on the “check mobile number” option. A new section opens where you have to enter the new mobile number twice. Now click on “ get authorization pin”
- An OTP will be sent to this number.
- Enter the OTP sent in the space provided and click on the “Submit” button.
- Your new mobile number will be updated in the EPF Portal.
How to change the mobile number if you forget the Password:
At times it happens when you have your previous mobile number working but have forgotten the Password to login to your EPF account using the UAN. Below are the steps where you can change your mobile number as well as the forgotten password:
- Visit the EPF member portal and “click on forgot password”
- Enter the UAN and captcha and click on the “submit” button
- In case you want to change your already registered mobile number click on “No”
- Enter your name, date of birth, gender, and click on “verify” button.
- Now, to verify your details, select Aadhar/PAN and enter your Aadhar/PAN. Now click on the verify button to validate your request.
- Once the details are validated, you will be asked to enter your new mobile number and click on “Get OTP”
- Enter the OTP sent to your new mobile number and then click on “Verify “ button.
- Once the OTP is verified you will be asked to enter the new password twice.After entering the new password twice click on the “Submit” button
- Your password will be changed and the new mobile number will be updated at the same time.
EPF services through Mobile:
Number of services can be availed by a member online as well as through the SMS service or the Umang app. These are the services that can be availed through the SMS:
- EPF details
- EPF balance
- Your UAN and its status(active or inactive)
- Bank account, PAN and Aadhar linking status
- EPF Transfer and withdrawal status
- Last contribution
- OTP service for authentication