Employees Provident Fund (EPF)is a saving scheme under the Government Of India developed by Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). It is said to be a retirement corpus, which includes a part of employee’s salary getting deposited every month. It has an interest of more than 8 percent and comes with wide range of facilities like insurance coverage. The interest earned on PF account is tax free if withdrawn after 5 years of PF account opening. One has to wait for at least 2 months to apply for the withdrawal. Employees Provident Fund or EPF now has a significant online presence as the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) offers a number of services online. This is especially helpful for retired employees or those who have left their jobs and who wish to withdraw from their PF. They need to fill in a PF Withdrawal form in order to make the withdrawal and now that these forms are available online, it has become very convenient for members of the EPFO to fill and submit the forms.
There are various types of forms which need to be downloaded and filled when you, an employee, are changing jobs or quitting altogether. Forms 10C and 19 are especially significant to be filled. Information and links to download each form is given below.
Various type of EPF Withdrawal Form:
- Form 19
Those wishing to withdraw the complete provident fund amount need to fill out Form 19. The EPF can be withdrawn in every situation irrespective of you retiring from service or leaving the present service or being terminated.
- Form 10C
One form that is needed to be filled along with Form 19 as well as Form 20 is EPF Form 10C. This form needs to be submitted for EPF settlement under the previous Family Pension Fund or for EPF withdrawal under the recent EPS 95 or better known as New Employees Pension Scheme. This form is also required to be submitted for issuing of certificate to retain membership under the EPF scheme, provided the age of applicant is below 58 years.
- Form 13
This form is required to be submitted while wanting to transfer your EPF account to the present employer from that of the previous employer or company.
- Form 14
The form is required when you wish to use your EPF amount to finance your Life Insurance Corporation or LIC policy.
- Form 10 D
The form 10 D is also called the pension form and is needed for a person to get their pension. This form can be used to apply for a pension by the person himself or by the nominee of that person. In case of a nominee, Nomination form 2 will be needed for him or her to claim the pension.
- EPF Form 20
In the event of the death of the concerned EPFO member, a member of the family can apply to claim the EPF amount of the member by submitting form 20. Other documents that need to be submitted along with this form include form 2, death certificate and the children’s birth certificate.
- Form 31
In case you want to withdraw from the EPF account in advance or make a loan payment with it, you need to submit form 31. Therefore, this form is also referred to as Advance EPF Withdrawal Form or EPF Advance Form. The amount can be withdrawn in advance for various reasons ranging from medical treatments, loans, marriage or house loans.
Composite Claim Form: While applying for the EPF offline, you are required to fill the composite form which serves the purpose of three forms- Form 19 (For final PF settlement), Form 10 C (For pension withdrawal), Form 31 (for part withdrawal of PF amount)
Steps to withdraw PF using the PF Withdrawal Form
- First you need to download the relevant form, for example form 31 or form 19.
- After filling out the relevant forms, they need to be submitted to the respective regional Provident Fund office.
- However before submitting the form, it needs to be attested by any gazetted officer or any manager of a bank. The form can also be attested from a postmaster or a sub postmaster, from a Magistrate or from the village panchayat President, Any Bank Manager or A Gazetted Officer.
- The EPF can also be withdrawn using the Universal Account Number (UAN) number. If using the UAN number, signature of the employer is not needed.
The details to be filled in the form include –
- PF account number
- Bank account number
- The bank’s IFSC code
- Joining date and
- Date of leaving
This information on forms and the details to be submitted will make withdrawal of EPF easy for you.
At the time of filing an online withdrawal claim, you will find three EPF withdrawal forms:
- PF Advance- Form 31
- Only PF Withdrawal-Form 19
- Only pension Withdrawal- Form 10 C
Points to remember before making PF withdrawal claim online
You can claim your PF online only if you meet the following conditions:
- You must be alloted a UAN number and it should be activated.
- Your mobile number must be registered with UAN
- Your bank details must be seeded into the UAN
- Your PAN and Aadhar should be seeded into the EPFO database
EPF withdrawal Portal
Provident Fund can be withdrawn through UAN member Portal. The member firstly has to activate his UAN and then login to the portal to withdraw the funds online.This portal can also be used to transfer funds from the old PF account to the new PF account. Various other activities such as eKYC, contact details, update etc can also be performed through this portal.
Easy steps for Online PF Withdrawal:
Online EPF withdrawal is quite an easy process. It requires net banking. Steps to be followed are:
- visit the UAN member portal. This portal is helpful for UAN services.
2. Login by using your UAN and password. You can reset your password in case you have forgotten it. An OTP will be send to your mobile number for authentication.
3. Check that KYC should be approved and linked to your UAN. To check the KYC status go through the manage—–>KYC. You give your approval to UIDAI to share your credentials with the EPFO. This authentication procedure is ended by the approval by an employer.
4. In the UAN dashboard click on the link as “Online Services”.This dashboard provides many more services such as change nomination, change your KYC details.One can also download the UAN Card and view service history.
5. click at claim (Form 31, 19 and 10 c).Now authenticate the Aadhar. An OTP will be received on the registered mobile number. After submitting the OTP one can fill the EPF withdrawal claim form.Once the form is submitted you will get a claim confirmation copy. Save it with you.
6. Members details will be displayed on the screen. Enter the last four digits of your bank account and click on verify.
7. Click on “Yes” to sign the certificate of undertaking and proceed further.
8. Now click on “Proceed for online claim”option.
9. Click on “PF advance (form 31)” to withdraw your funds online.
10. A fresh section of the form will be opened from where you have to select the “Purpose for which advance is required”, the amount required and the Employees’ address.
All the options for which the employee is not eligible for the withdrawal will be mentioned in Red.
11. Tick on the certification and submit your application.
12. Scanned documents might be needed depending upon the purpose for which you have filled the form.
13. Your Employer has to approve the withdrawal request. After that the money will be withdrawn from your EPF Account and deposited in the bank account mentioned while filling in the withdrawal form.
An SMS notification will be sent to the registered mobile number. Once the claim is processed, the amount will be transferred to the bank account. Usually it takes 15 to 20 days for the money to be credited, although no formal time limit has been provided by the EPFO
PF withdrawal or EPF Claim status :
Status of EPF withdrawal can be checked online at the EPF member Portal. Firstly login to the Portal online and select the “Track Claim status” in the online services section. No reference number is needed to check the status. The status will be displayed on the screen automatically.