It has become compulsory for the citizens of India to get their Aadhar Card linked to their LPG gas connection so as to obtain the benefits of LPG subsidy provided by the Government of India. In order achieve this, your first step should be to link your Aadhar Card to your Bank account, and then only your Aadhar number can be linked to your LPG gas connection. In this article I will cover “How to Link Aadhar Card with your LPG Gas Connection”.
Users can complete this linking procedure using below listed 5 means :
- Online (through official UIDAI website)
- Through SMS
- By submitting a Application to the Distributor
- By calling the Call Centre
- Through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System)
Note- Keep your LPG connection book and Aadhar card within reach, as you will need them while entering information.
Method-1: Link Aadhar card to LPG Connection Online –
- Firstly, visit the Official Aadhar Seeding Page by clicking here. (Note : The website link is down since last checked on 17/01/2017).
- Once the page opens, click on “Start Now” button. A new page will come on screen which is an application form that you need to fill.
- Now follow the below listed 4 steps to complete the linking process.
- Fill your state and district name in the boxes.
- In this step, you need to choose the type of benefit you are looking for. Select “LPG”. Below it, you have to further choose the scheme name which depends on your LPG connection. If you are using Bharat Gas, then choose “BPCL”; if you are a user of Indane, select “IOCL”, and if you use HP Gas, then choose “HPCL”.
- Once done, choose your Distributor name and enter your consumer number, both of which are mentioned in your passbook.
- In this step, you need to fill your details like, e-mail Id, registered mobile number, and Aadhar number in the appropriate boxes. After filling the necessary details, select the “submit” button.
- After this, insert the OTP which is sent in your e-mail Id and registered mobile number. Click the “submit” button.
- Once the information provided by you is verified by the concerned authority, the confirmation will be sent to you through e-mail and SMS.
Method 2- Link Aadhar card to LPG Connection via SMS –
The first step, if you opt for this method is to register your mobile number with your LPG distributor. Once done, you can easily linking your Aadhar card to LPG Connection by following the below listed Instructions.
Note : Different LPG distributor have different number where the SMS has to be sent too, so please select the appropriate one from the below given list depending upon your LPG provider.
To link Aadhar Card with INDANE Gas –
- First of all you will have to register your Mobile Number.To Register your mobile number, Send SMS in this format. REG (space) distributor telephone number with STD code without zero (space) customer number (eg. REG 117654321 564321)
- The Next step is to the Visit the Official Indane website by Clicking here, to get your district distributor number where the SMS has to be sent too.
- Select the respective “State” & “District” that you reside in.
- Once selected, you will be provide with both “SMS & IVRS Number”.
- Send the above constructed SMS to that number.
- The last step is to send an SMS from the registered mobile number in this format, UID (space) Aadhar number (eg. UID 343434343434) to the same number as above.
To link Aadhar Card with HP Gas Connection –
- In order to Register your mobile number, Send SMS in this format. REG (space) distributor telephone number with STD code without zero (space) customer number (eg. REG 117654321 564321)
- Select the number from the below given list, based upon the state you reside in & send the above text to that number.
|States / Areas||Phone Number|
|Delhi & NCR||99909 23456|
|Maharashtra & Goa||88888 23456|
|Tamil Nadu||90922 23456|
|Jammu & Kashmir||90860 23456|
|Himachal Pradesh||98820 23456|
|Andhra Pradesh||96660 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh (W)||81919 23456|
|West Bengal||90888 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh||98896 23456|
|Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh||96690 23456|
- The last step is to send an SMS from the registered mobile number in this format, UID (space) Aadhar number (eg. UID 343434343434) to the same number as above to complete the linking process.
Link Aadhar Card To Bharat Gas Connection –
The avail this facility by SMS, your mobile number must be registered with Bharat Gas, If not then you will have to visit your Distributer to get it done.
Once your number is registered just complete the below listed step to complete your linking process.
- Send an SMS from the registered mobile number in this format, UID (space) Aadhar number (eg. UID 343434343434) to 52725 (Airtel, MTNL, Vodafone, Idea and Tata subscribers) & 57333 for all other users.
Method-3: Link Aadhar card to LPG Connection via Distributer –
It’s a Simple 3 step process.
- First thing you need to do is download Form No 2 by Clicking here.
- Take a print out & Fill it up Carefully.
- The last step is to submit it along with the required document (listed in the form) to you your LPG Distributor’s office.
Method-4: Link Aadhar card to LPG Connection via Call Center –
To make this linking process easier for the citizens, the government of india has lunched a Call Center facility. To use it simply follow the below listed instruction.
- Call the help line number at 18000-2333-555 (toll free).
- Once Connected please follow the instructions given by operator.
Method-5: Link Aadhar card to LPG Connection Through IVRS –
IVRS stands for Interactive Voice Response System, In order to make it easier for their Customers the LPG companies has taken this initiative of launching the IVRS facility to help them out with the Aadhar linking process.
The thing that you should make note of is that each LPG Company & district has a different IVRS number & in order to get that you need to follow the below listed steps.
For INDANE Customers –
- Visit the official Indane website page at https://indane.co.in/smsprocedure.php
- Please select the respective “State” & “District” that you reside in.
- Once selected, you will be provide with the respective “IVRS Number” of your district.
For Bharat Gas LPG Consumers –
- Know the IVRS number for your district by Clicking here.
- Once found, call that number & follow the instructions.
For HP Gas Consumers –
- Visit the official Indane website page at http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/hpanytime.
- Once the number is found please Call the relevant number & follow the instructions.
I hope you found this guide useful, please support us by sharing it with your friend’s & family.