Aadhar Card has become a mandatory document for many services now a days. Be it operating a bank account or buying a new sim card, filing an income tax return or applying for a PAN card, Biometric attendance or LPG gas subsidy everywhere Aadhar card is necessary. In this scenario it is not only necessary to have an Aadhar card but to make sure all the details mentioned in the Aadhar Card are correct. To apply for an Aadhar Card enrolment or update any kind of information one need to visit the Aadhar card centre. However, it is not easy to find an Aadhar card centre in your area. The governing body that is UIDAI has made it quite easy to find one.There are many bank branches and Post offices now acting as a Aadhar Card enrolment or update centres. Post Office Aadhar enrolment or update facility is now available in more than 6,500 Post offices and The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has recently shared that very soon there will be over 13,000 Post Office Aadhar card centres.
According to the UIDAI there are more than 70,000 Aadhar card enrolment or updation everyday in the authorised post office and bank centres.The government has allotted 200 crore rupees for the set up and operation of Aadhar card registration in the post office. This facility will be available in nearly 13,466 post offices throughout the country. For the awareness of the local people government has asked the department of post to associate with local MLAs whenever a new Aadhar Card centre is opened.
How to find your nearest Aadhar-enabled post office, Bank centres online:
The list of Aadhar Card enrolment centre has been updated by UIDAI on its official website. Therefore, it has become very easy to locate a post office or a bank acting as a Aadhar card enrolment centre near you.
Below are the easy simple steps to find your Aadhar card enrolment centre:
- First of all visit the official website https://www.uidai.gov.in/ and click on Locate Enrolment & Update Centers
- There are three options available through which you can locate aadhar card centre.
- The three options available are through State, Pincode, or search box.
- If you choose to search through state click the state from drop down list.
- Select the state in which you are currently residing. Next to state choose the District, Sub district and VTC (Village, Town, City) in their respective Drop downs. Enter the captcha and hit the search button. Then the list of Post offices and banks acting as a Aadhar card enrolment and updation centre in your area will be shown.
- A much easier way would be to use your area pin code. You just need to click on the pincode radio button on UIDAI page and enter the area code followed by captcha code. Then click on search. The list of post offices and banks acting as a aadhar card enrolment and updation centres will be shown.
- The last option is to search using the keywords such as the name of the city or a specific area. Click on the search button box and enter the name of the city correctly. Then enter the verification code. This will present the list of the post offices and banks acting as a aadhar enrolment and updation centres near you.
The list of Post offices and banks provided also shows whether it is a permanent or a temporary centre.
Post Office Aadhar Enrolment/ Update FAQS:
Can i add or Update my Mobile number in the Post Office?
Yes, you can visit your nearest Aadhar enrolment centre in post office to do so.
What are the charges for Aadhar registration and update in the Post Office?
Aadhar registration in the post office is totally free. The charge for Aadhar card correction or updation is 29.50 INR (inclusive of all taxes)
What are the required documents for the change in name and address in Aadhar?
The UADAI accepts 18 documents as the proof of identity (PoI) and 35 documents as a proof of address (PoA). You can provide any one PoI and PoA for changing the details. Here is the list of valid documents of Aadhar.
Is Aadhar enrolment of a child possible in the Post Office?
Yes, there is no minimum or maximum age limit to get enrolled for Aadhar Card. So, even the newborn can be enrolled for Aadhar card in the Post Office.
What are the documents required for the enrolment of the Aadhar Card of s child?
The documents required are:
- Birth certificate of a child
- Aadhar Card details of the child’s parents.
- Address proof of the child’s parents.
- Identity proof of the child’s parents.
All the documents will be verified at the centre as well. If the child is above 5 years of age his biometric details will be taken and linked to the Aadhar Card.
My Aadhar Card was made from a different state. Can i update it at the nearby Post Office Aadhar card enrolment centre?
Yes, Aadhar card details can be updated from anywhere in India. Just valid documents are needed to be carried.
Can i send someone else on my behalf for the updation of the Aadhar Card details in the Post Office?
No, one need to be physically present for the biometric authentication of the details.
I hope you found this guide useful, please support us by sharing it with your friend’s & family. If you need any help or have any questions please contact us by commenting below and we will come back to you as soon as possible.