Good news for the citizens of India. Now, you can update or make necessary Aadhar card correction online. UIDAI has introduced this self-service portal for its Indian citizens where you can modify incorrect name, gender, date of birth, and address, all in online mode. You can even go for your Aadhar Card update request by post.
In this guide we are going to cover how you can Change Name in Aadhar Card using both methods.
Guide for Aadhar card correction online :
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Scroll a little down, Under “Aadhaar Update” Services, choose “Update Aadhaar Details Online”
- You will see this following page on your computer screen.
- Scroll to the end of the page where you are asked to click on the option through which you want to update your name. Choose the first one, i.e., the online mode.
- In the following page enter your Aadhar number and text verification 4 digit number.
- Click on “Send OTP”. Enter the password you received on your Aadhar registered mobile number via SMS.
- Select the “Detail you want to Update/Correct”, For example to update Name or Surname Choose “Change Name/ Surname” field. You need to fill the details in English and in local language in the required fields.
- After making the necessary Aadhar card correction, you have to upload proof of your corrections. Click here to see the Complete list of Supported Documents.
- After completion of the procedure, you will get URN (Unique Request Number) for tracking down your Change/Update request progress in future.
Guide for Aadhar card correction Offline : By Post
- Scroll a little down, Under “Aadhaar Update” Services, choose “Update Request by Post”
- The Aadhar Update/Correction Form will come up in PDF format. Download it.
- It is not necessary to fill the details which are not valid now. For example, if you want to update or correct name/ surname, you just fill the space provided for the “New Name”; it is not at all required to fill your old name. Do not write salutations like, Dr./Mr./ etc.
- Attach a photocopy of the proof of your correction. Click here to see a Complete list of Supported Documents.
- You will be delivered Aadhar letter with your updated details at your address.
- In case of Name Correction/Update you need to submit any one of the Proof of Identity (PoI) mentioned in List A under Annexure I.
- For a child who is below five years, guardian /parent will have the document copies on the child’s behalf. For adults, the Aadhar card holder will have to sign his documents himself.
- Seal the envelope nicely and write on top “Aadhar card Correction/Update”.
- Send the envelope in one of the addresses mentioned in Annexure II.