In this article, we are going to cover the complete process that one has to go through in order to apply for Aadhar Card Online Registration. We will also try to help you with the “Aadhar Card Online Registration” process with our step by step instructions. Till now applying for an Aadhar card is completely voluntary. If you don’t have one you won’t be denied of any privilege that you are eligible for. But it is advisable to apply for one at the earliest since Aadhar card has numerous benefits and very soon it might be a compulsory proof of identification and verification that every Indian citizen must hold.
Process to Apply for Aadhar Card Online Registration-
Update: As of 2015-16 the online Enrolment Center appointment booking facility provided by UIDAI is no longer available.
Once you have decided to apply for an Aadhar card online registration the first thing you need to do is look for the nearest Enrolment Centre and then visit it with all the necessary documents.
These are the steps in brief for applying for an Aadhar Card –
- From the UIDAI portal find an Enrolment center nearest to you. Click here to open the Enrolment Centre Search page.
- Once you have located the nearest Enrolment center, Download the Aadhar Enrolment form from the website or by clicking here. Fill it correctly. The form requires details, such as name, date of birth, address, parentage, etc. You must also fill out the correct email address and mobile phone number. This will make receiving updates or make corrections easier later on.
- Keep the proof of identification and address proof documents ready before visiting the center. There is 18 proof of identity documents that are acceptable at the center. Similarly, there is 33 proof of address documents you could choose from to submit, in an original. To see the complete list of documents accepted by UIDAI please click here.
- If you are unable to download the form online, you can always visit the enrolment center and manually fill up the form there. However filling it beforehand will save time later on.
- The enrolment process also includes biometric scanning, such as iris scanning, finger scanning and also clicking on a photograph. This is all done at the respected enrolment center.
- After completion of the process at the enrolment center, an enrolment slip will be issued to you. The Aadhar Card Enrolment Slip includes your enrolment number along with date and time.
- The verification process is roughly 60-90 days. Once the data is found to be correct, an SMS, as well as a printed Aadhar card, is sent to you by speed post.
- In the case of any errors or discrepancies in the card, one can visit the same enrolment center with the enrolment slip and get the data corrected.
Conclusion: Following the above steps ensures that one is registered for the Aadhar Card without going through much trouble & in a time efficient manner.
I hope you found this guide useful if you did please share this guide with your friend’s & family.
Also please leave your comments and feedback below. Your feedback and comment will help us bring you the best quality and relevant information.