What is UMANG App??
UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for new age governance.It was developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the aim of driving mobile governance in India. This mobile app is designed to provide individuals access to the range of central, state and local government services using a single platform.
How to download UMANG app for Android and Iphone?
There are many ways to download the UMANG app on your Mobile phone:
- Scan the QR code provided on the official UMANG app website
- Receive the UMANG App link on your phone by making a missed call to 97183-97183
- Get a download link for the app by SMS to phone number provided by you on the UMANG Website.
Alternatively, You can also download UMANG directly from Android Play store and Apple iTunes App store. The following are the applicable links:
How to register on UMANG app??
Here are the steps for the new user to register on UMANG App:
STEP 1: Launch the UMANG App and click on the “Register option”
Step 2: Once you click the registration option, you will be redirected to the mobile number verification page. On this page you need to provide your mobile number so that the OTP is generated to complete the UMANG App registration Process.
Step 3: Once you have generated and input the OTP, you will be asked to create a MPIN. Once the MPIN is set the registration is complete and you can view the UMANG App homepage. The homepage will show you the shortlist of recently opened services available through the UMANG App.
UMANG App login:
You can log into the UMANG app using various methods as follows:
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and m-pin
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and OTP
- In case you have updated your social media account details with the app, you can login using your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter credentials.
Key Features and benefits of UMANG App:
The main benefit of UMANG is that you can access a range of online Government services offered by the state and central Governments. Here are some of the key features of this Government Scheme App:
- Simple categorization of services as recently viewed, New and updated, Trending and top rated and suggested.
- Available in multiple regional languages as well as English
- Easily search for a specific state or Central Government service using in the app filter.
- You can avail over 150 different Central and state Government services using the app
- Key integration services on offer through UMANG App include Digilocker and Aadhar
- Option of easy online Payment of various utility bills-gas, water,electricity etc.
List Of services on UMANG App:
The following is a shortlist of services available through the UMANG Application for Mobile*:
|Digilocker||A secure cloud based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates|
|Aadhar Card||This allows you to view as well as download your Aadhar Card from Digilocker Account|
|NPS||National Pension system login through UMANG App allows you to check your tier 1 and Tier 2 account balances etc using UAN and OTP to registered Mobile number|
|EPFO||This service on UMANG allows to monitor your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, etc Using UAN and OTP to registered Mobile number|
|Pay Income Tax||This module available through UMANG Application allows tax payers to pay their advance tax, Self Assessment Tax etc. using challan 280. After Tax payment, the tax payment challan can be tracked using the “Track Challan Status” Service|
|e-Raktkosh||This UMANG module is designed to access the blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Ayushman Bharat||This module is the National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a pilot project to provide Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Pooja||This app provides services that promote financial inclusion across the country.|
|Jeevan Pramaan||This service is available to only pensioners. It allows pensioners to generate a life certificate using mobile handset connected to an external biometric device.|
|Parivahan Sewa-Vahan||At present, this module allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
* The above list is not exhaustive and this is just a short list of services available through UMANG App
How to use UMANG App Services?
While the UMANG app registration/login can be completed using any phone number in India and OTP/password, individual services have to be accessed using credentials specific to that service. Example:
- To access NPS in UMANG App, you need to provide PRAN along with the Password/OTP to the registered Mobile Number.
- To access the EPF Module, you will need to provide UAN along with the OTP Sent to the registered Mobile number.
- To access the Income Tax Payment through UMANG App, you will have to provide PAN along with the key details such as date of birth and so on.
How to check EPF Balance on UMANG App?
The Following are the steps for checking EPF balance on UMANG App:
- As you click on the EPF module in the UMANG homepage you will be redirected to the UMANG EPFO login page. Now you have to provide your UAN (Universal Account number) and OTP sent to the registered mobile number to login.
- After logging in, you can select among options available such as General Services, Employee Centric services, Employer Centric Services, Pensioner services and eKYC services.
- In order to check your EPF Passbook Balance,You need to click on the “ View passbook” link on the UMANG EPF page as shown below:
- Once you click on the “view passbook “ option shown above you will be redirected to the passbook account detail page on UMANG as shown. This page shows the UAN you are logged in with and the PPF account details associated with the UAN provided.
- Click on the specific PPF account number to view the detailed EPF Passbook as shown below:
You can then click on the deposits or withdrawals as well to view specific transactions made on your EPF account.
EPF withdrawal process using UMANG App
One can easily raise an EPF withdrawal Claim using the UMANG App once you have logged into the EPF portal of UMANG. Just click on the “raise claim” option as shown below:
Currently, EPFO UMANG module can be used to make PF withdrawal applications (employee contribution only) as well request final settlement using form 19 among others.
UMANG App related FAQs??
Q- What is the key objective of UMANG App??
Ans: The key objective of UMANG is to promote e-Governance across India and speed up the overall speed with which Government department operates and respond to citizen requests.
Q- Does the UMANG app work on iPhones/ iPAD?
Ans:Yes, UMANG app is available for use through both android and iPone
Q-Are there any charges for using UMANG?
Ans:No, All government services provided through UMANG app are free of any charge.
Q- Can I change my UMANG app phone number later on?
Ans: Yes, You can easily change the UMANG App phone number without the need to change your number to access other services. All you need to do is complete registration with the new app to change your UMANG App phone number.