Universal Account Number (UAN) is the unique number given to each and every member of Employee Provident Fund. It is a 12 digit portable number allotted by EPFO. This UAN remains same for an individual once allotted.You need to know that UAN does not change even if you change your job.You need to provide required documents to get your UAN and you can check your UAN status in the official website of EPFO. If you want to avail most of the benefits from your UAN, then do not forget to link your Aadhaar number with it. It is only with the help of this number you will be able to check your employee provident fund balance,download PF Passbook, transfer funds from old accounts to existing accounts, receive monthly credit updates etc. UAN is compulsory for EPF withdrawals.
How to Check Status of Your Universal Account Number (UAN) Online?
Employee can check the status given step by step with the help of the procedure given below.
- Open the official portal page of EPFO. It has a separate portal for the UAN portability and EPF employers, and members respectively. To reach the portal, click this link: http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- Employers can click on this link: https://employerclaims.epfoservices.in/
Once the homepage of EPFO comes on screen, click on “Know your UAN Status”.
- A new web page will come with the title “Check UAN Status”. Here you have to fill your PF number carefully to proceed further.
- Now you will need to choose your state from the drop down menu. If you are a bit confused about choosing your state, check the first 2 letters in your PF numbers, which indicates the initials of your state. For example, DS stands for Delhi, UP stands for Uttar Pradesh, etc.
- Now, it is the time to choose your PF office region. We all know states have several regions. To check yours, look at the next 3 letters of your PF number.
- Once you are done with this, the next two columns get filled automatically. You can verify them with your PF number.
- Fill in your organization number. The first digit group of your Pf number is your organization number.
- Now fill the extension and PF number correctly. Once done, click on “Check Status” button.
A pop up message will show whether the Universal Account Number (UAN) is allotted to you or not.
After getting the UAN, activate the number on the UAN portal to get several online facilities. Do not worry even if you do not have the UAN. You can easily generate it from the UAN portal. EPFO, by taking all these kind of digital initiatives, is making EPF’s operations more user-friendly and efficient.